This assignment is designed to support you as you deepen your understanding of what guidance means for your work with infants and toddlers. Please thoroughly read Chapter 5 and then review all the following information before beginning.
What guidance means for your work with infants and toddlers
1. Firstly, the authors of our Endless Opportunities text use the term “relationships realignments”. Please describe what this means IN YOUR OWN WORDS. Provide at least 3 examples of how you have observed or experienced this in your work with infants and toddlers.
2. Secondly, identify a child in your Practicum setting who seems to feel challenged. Using what you have learned about relationship realignments and a relationship-based approach to care for infants and toddlers, use the “Respect, Reflect, Relate” process to reflect on what is happening for this child and what you might do to best support him/her. Follow these steps:
· Describe the child—age, pertinent characteristics, basic family information, length of time in your Practicum setting, etc.
· Observe the child in both individual and group settings. Identify the behaviors that seem to be challenging.
· Use the information in Figure 5.1 on page 78 of our text to complete all 5 steps of the collaborative approach
Thoroughly answer each of the questions in the 5 steps.
Be specific and provide examples that support your responses
Consider what additional information you might need and from whom. Remember this is to be a collaborative approach.
As you create your action plan, identify any additional steps you will need to take in working with other adults in this child’s life. Be specific about what you will do to engage with others to best meet the child’s needs.
3. Thirdly, write a brief reflection about your use of this approach. Is this similar to what you’ve done in the past? If so, how? If not, what are the differences? How might you use the “Respect, Reflect, Relate” process in the future?
Your paper should be a minimum of 1000 words