I’m studying and need help with a Nursing question to help me learn.
Post Movie Worksheet
Name of Movie:
- General Summary of Movie:
- Psychiatric condition identified:
- Were classic symptoms observed? Is so, describe and provide examples.
- How did the psychiatric condition affect others?
- Was treatment involved? Describe the treatment type, duration? Identified obstacles to receiving treatment?
- Pro’s & Cons of the treatment provided?
- What medications or treatment would you expect the individual to be receiving based on the identified psychiatric condition observed? List with rationale.
- Were they offered to the patient in the movie?
- What interdisciplinary teams were available for the patient and/or family?
- What safety concerns were identified pertaining to the patient and/or others?
Character description-describe primary character’s role & character development. Discuss how the disease effects the individual’s role/life. Discuss initial family dynamics, caregiver and/or family dynamic changes as a result of dealing with mental illness or addiction, struggles, shortcomings, strengths. How the disease effects the family.
At risk behaviors?
Answer the following questions describing your experience while watching the movie?
- How did you feel during the “journey?”
By viewing a “movie” did you feel you had any of the following?
- Did you gain greater insight to the disease process?
- Did you gain greater insight to treatment plan?
- Did you gain greater insight to how the disease effects family dynamics? Various coping mechanisms? Work environment?
- Was the movie current or out dated? If applicable, how have things changed today related to treatment options, society, and family dynamics? Discuss “how so?”
Research and chose a current (not more than 5 years old) evidence-based practice article
Read and review your article you researched associated with the video/movie that you watched. Answer the following questions.
- What was the focus of your article?
- State the question of the research and explain why it’s important.
- State the hypotheses that was tested.
- Describe the methods in a few paragraphs (participants, design, procedure, materials, independent and dependent variables, how they analyzed the data).
- Talk about the results and explain why they were significant.
- State what the key implications and importance of their findings.
- The results and their interpretation should be directly related to the hypothesis.
In your opinion:
- Are the results convincing or surprising?
What aspects did they still leave unanswered?