I don’t know how to handle this History question and need guidance.
For this assignment, you will continue your mastery of evaluating historical resources for relevance and creating annotations that you began in Unit V. You will then use your evaluation of those sources to support further exploration of this unit’s concepts.
First, using a well-designed search strategy, you will locate and select one source and generate one annotation for that source. You must do this for each of the following topics-for a total of three sources and three annotations:
- Include one primary source generated during WWII discussing either the aims of Stalin or of Churchill. Primary sources are generated in contemporary times. These may include interviews, speeches, government documents, newspapers, other historical papers or quantitative data.
- Include one peer-reviewed history research article on the World War II roots of the Iron Curtain. View the video How to Find Peer-Reviewed Resources tutorial from the CSU Online Library for assistance in locating a peer-reviewed article.
- Include one scholarly book by a historian on the emergence of the superpowers in the Cold War.
You may find these two resources helpful for this assignment:
Primary Sources webinar
LibGuide for Western Civilization I and II
You may also seek help from the librarians at the CSU Online Library who are there to assist you with your research and information literacy. Information literacy is the ability to find and evaluate information to help you make sound decisions, whether for academic, professional, or personal purposes.
- Under the Resources tab in Blackboard, select My Library. You have the ability to chat with a librarian via the live chat on the right side of the screen, or you can access the contact information for the CSU Online Library.
In creating your annotations, recall and follow the guidance introduced in Step 5 of the Helpful Tips document in the Unit V Scholarly Activity. Remember, an annotation is not a summary or an abstract, but a quick identification of the credibility and utility of a source. Your appraisal in each annotation should have one sentence for each of the items listed in Step 5 of the guidance document.
Next, based on your summary and appraisal of the three sources above, write a one-page paper in which you do the following:
- Begin with a thesis statement that compares 20th-century superpowers to 19th-century imperial powers.
- Relate the rise of the superpowers in the Cold War to differing political philosophies among the Grand Alliance nations during World War II.
Some recommended CSU Online Library databases for this subject area are: World History (Gale In Context), World History (Gale OneFile), Academic Search Ultimate and *JSTOR.
*Note: JSTOR does not have the ability to limit to peer-reviewed articles, but students can further research various journals to determine if they qualify as peer-reviewed.
Your finalized paper must be at least two pages, not including the title and reference pages. You must use at least two sources, in addition to the three sources for which you create annotations, to support your paper.
All sources used must be properly cited. Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.