This is a paper for a translation course, which means there need to be some examples in arabic.
-here is the outline however it is not good so
– Community interpreting- general
nefit a community?
– Community interpreting benefits a community with its different types of interpreting and its ethical rules although having challenges.
Research Question Thesis:
– What are the types to community interpreting and their benefits.
– What are the ethics rules that an interpreter must follow during interpreting, and does it differ with the different types?
– What are the challenges to community interpreting?
Theses statement (main research question):
– How does community interpreting be
• Prepare readers:
– Starting with a question, for example saying “ever been put in a position where you are at a doctor’s appointment or dealing with official work but did not have a common language with the person you are speaking to?”
• The given problem and your own research question, thesis:
– Problems would be the challenges that interpreting faces.
– The research question is How does community interpreting benefit a community?
• How are you approaching the research question:
– This paper explores the different types of community interpreting and how its community interpreting would benefit communities that use it.
• General Review:
– Types of community interpreting,
– Ethic rules,
– Benefits of using community interpreting.
– Examples from different countries that use it and that do not.
• Data discussed:
– Data: The data that will be used is from outside research, handouts provided in class, recordings that were made during class time and real-life examples.
– Methodology: real-life examples, things that has happened to people, the use of recordings done in class and research that will provide evidence of benefits and limitations to using community interpreting.
– Analysis and Discussion: Here we would compare and contrast the different countries that use community interpreting and those that do not and how one benefits from it while the other suffers from the lack of it.
– This paper has examined that community interpreting benefits a community with its different types of interpreting and its ethical rules although having challenges.
this is the instructions,
This is a research-based essay (so … do some research) and should address – Uses – Problems/challenges – and Future of the topic you work on about Community Interpreting.
1) Introduction (1 page) -: This section should give enough information on the TOPIC plus your thesis (intention, what it is about and its structure).
2) Body (c. 3 pages) – Discuss with examples the topic – PRESENT your views/opinions regarding the topic.
3) Conclusion (1 page) – Summarize the points, plus any recommendations.
4) References (APA style)
5) Appendices (if any)