This is a paper that is focusing on the trip to the ocean by a sailboat instructions assignment. The paper also provides additional questions to use in writing the assignment paper in detail.
The trip to the ocean by a sailboat instructions assignment
Answer each of the following questions according to the instructions given. Question 1 (a–b) is based on the following paragraph. A trip to the ocean can be a relaxing escape from the everyday pressures of life. A sailboat glistening on the horizon provides a mental escape to faraway places. The rhythm of the ocean beating against the sand is sedating music to a troubled mind. A slow, gentle breeze can relax your tensions. You should always be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun at the beach.
1. a. Firstly, write the sentence that is the topic sentence of the paragraph. b. Write the sentence that is unrelated to the topic and can be eliminated.
2. Secondly, list four things to look for when you’re proofreading.
3. Thirdly, complete the following two steps: a. Define the term cliché. b. Use a cliché in a sentence that you create.
4. Fourthly, name and explain two types of prewriting.
5. Additionally, choose one of the prompts listed below. Write a five-sentence paragraph using chronological order and including a topic sentence to explain the steps that you would take to complete one of the following tasks. a. Preparing for a test b. Preparing to host a party or an event c. Getting ready for work d. Cleaning your room or your home e. Building a snowman, sandcastle, or sculpture f. Creating a budget 6. Choose one of the following topics. Write an eight-sentence paragraph that fully develops the topic. a. Following instructions is very important. b. Job training programs (such as Job Corps) are valuable to both employers and potential employees. c. Advances in technology are making people less social. d. A high school diploma is important to my future. e. College is not for everyone. f. Drunk driving can be stopped.
7. Write a composition using one of the topics listed below. Your composition needs to be three to five paragraphs long. It must contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
8. For the purpose of this examination, sport is defined as “an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment without a predetermined outcome.” If you choose to explain why a certain sport is your favorite, please ensure that the chosen sport fits this definition. • Argue for or against the limitation of speed limits. • Explain why a certain sport is your favorite. • Compare and contrast driving in the winter and driving in the summer. •
Describe a SINGLE memorable day in your life. Write a letter of complaint. Follow the rules for a formal letter, and use the full-block style. The complaint may be about anything you wish (such as malfunctioning equipment, poor building maintenance, or disruptive noises from a nearby business). You can base your letter on a true experience, or you can make up all the details you need. Please note that a form letter or a template cannot be used in constructing your response to question 2. When a form letter or template is used, you are giving little to no thought to wording or formatting, and you are not actually creating your own complaint; you are simply filling in the blanks of someone else’s work. For this reason, a grade of 1% will be issued if a form letter or template is used.