This is a paper that is focusing on the financial performance analysis of a company listed on ASX. The paper also provides the learning outcomes of the assignment paper and analysis requirements.
The financial performance analysis of a company listed on ASX
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping)
The assignment should examine the main issues, including: underlying theories, implement performance measures used and explain the firm’s financial performance. Your group is strongly advised to reference professional websites, journal articles and text books in this assignment (case study).
The applicable Unit learning Outcomes are:
1. Firstly, research and explain the structure of Australian and International financial systems. Critically analyse the role of finance in business. Explain financial markets and different types of securities and the processes related to their investment. Interpret the impact of future developments in the financial markets on business structure and performance.
2. Secondly, understand the concept of the time value of money and apply it in investment and portfolio evaluation and management.
3. Thirdly, identify the important factors in capital investment decisions, portfolio evaluation and business financing activities.
4. Fourthly, critically analyse finance alternatives to manage short and long term debts. Critically understand and also practice valuation of financial instruments, including ordinary shares, preferred shares and bonds.
5. Lastly, describe the effects of interest rates on business finance. Evaluate the firm capital structure policy and payout policy. Evaluate alternative funding policies and instruments available to businesses including the banking sector and nonbanking sector.
This assignment task is a written report and evaluative analysis of the financial performance of a selected listed company on the ASX. This analysis requires:
1. Firstly, description of the company.
2. Secondly, preparation of common size financial statements.
3. Thirdly, analysis of company networking capital position.
4. Fourthly, analysis of liquidity and capital structure.
You are required to obtain the relevant information from chosen company annual reports and company web site. You can access the company web site via www.asx.com.au.
To download the relevant please referee the Company code in ASX (see the following examples)