This is a paper that focuses on the financial PC case facts reading and analysis. The paper also provides further instructions to follow keenly and also a case study for the assignment.
The financial PC case facts reading and analysis assignment
A) Firstly, please read the case and analyze it using the traditional case format (see course outline). Please use APA format in your Bibliography. Page numbers start in the body of the report, not at the Table of Contents. Don’t forget to double space and use 15 secondary sources of information.
B) Secondly, update the case facts with current information from the online database list and/or other sources.
C) Thirdly, include Porter’s Five Forces to determine the overall intensity of competition in the industry (p. 247), SWOT for PC Financial, not Loblaws (case guide), and also an environmental scan (Ch 1) in your analysis.
D) Fourthly, please consider carefully the information in the case guide, especially the financial analysis sections. Place financial trend information in the Appendix. Additionally, appendices do not count in the page limit.
E) Also, please answer the following questions in the analysis section:
1) How attractive was the Canadian banking industry in 2013? (ie is it profitable, easy to enter, etc.)
2) How attractive was the ‘no frill’s segment?
3) Additionally, discuss the acquisition of ING by Scotiabank, using the Tangerine brand.
4) What resources and also capabilities did PC use to fight in the ‘no frills’ segment? ($, skills)
5) What was the impact of co-branding with the Loblaws PC Points program?
6) Were PC’s efforts considered a ‘blue ocean’ strategy? Why/why not?
F) In your alternative section, please create three possible new organizational strategies to take PC into the future. Create decision criteria to select one and discuss how you would specifically implement it. Use a decision matrix to rank the alternatives so you choose the best one (ie score each key selection factor out of 10 and sum results for each alternative; choose the alternative with the highest score). Implementation needs a timeline, a list of key activities, GNATT chart (see internet or later chapter in your text), and back up plan.