I’m stuck on a Accounting question and need an explanation.
Case FA-3801-Tableau: Financial statement analysis for Jubilee Company
The CEO of Jubilee Company wants a brief analysis of Jubilee’s ability to pay its current liabilities, its ability to pay its debts, and its profitability over the past three years. Selected financial statements for Jubilee Company for the years of 2021 through 2023 can be found in Canvas as “Jubilee Company Data Set”. Be sure to download the file from Canvas rather than simply viewing it.
The links contained in the requirements below are for short tutorial videos on the Tableau skills or accounting skills needed to complete the requirement. You are not required to watch the videos but are posted for you in case you need to review certain concepts.
- Connect to data source in Tableau and import the excel file (Tableau 301.01)
- Add the sheets you will be working with (BAL SHEET Upload and INC STMT Upload) into the view. (Tableau 301.02)
- Create a calculated field for the following measures/ratios for each of the three years (Tableau 302.01).
- Working capital
- Current ratio
- Quick ratio
- Debt ratio
- Times-interest-earned ratio
- Gross margin percentage ASB 1900.05)
- For each measure/ratio, create a new sheet (Tableau 301.03) and make a line graph of the three years. (Tableau 301.07). Format the numbers as indicated. (Tableau 301.04). What does each of these ratios measure?
- Working capital: Currency, 0 decimal places.
- Current ratio: Numbers, 2 decimal places.
- Quick ratio: Numbers, 2 decimal places.
- Debt ratio: Percentage, 2 decimal places.
- Times-interest-earned ratio: Numbers, 1 decimal place.
- Gross margin percentage: Percentage, 2 decimal places.
- Return on sales: Percentage, 2 decimal places.
- Create a dashboard with a centered title to display your line graphs (Tableau 303.01). Drag the seven-line graphs you created onto the dashboard.
- Save your Tableau workbook as a .twbx file, using your last name combined with the word “ratios” as the file name. (Tableau 301.05). You will upload your final file to Canvas under the “Tableau Project” Assignment.