I’m studying and need help with a English question to help me learn.
LINK TO FILM —-> https://youtu.be/uaotkHlHJwo
- DUE: Sunday, Sept. 27th by 11:59 p.m.
- Video/Film to Summarize: LA92
- Required Length: 2 to 3 pages
- Double-spaced, Times or Times New Roman Font in size 12, 1” margins
- APA formatting and citations required
- This assignment is to be submitted online via Canvas, not via email
A good summary is both important and challenging. Summaries are important because they serve as the basis for understanding others and for producing many other kinds of writing. Before you can agree or disagree with someone’s argument, you must recognize—and be able to restate—what that person has said. Before you can say something about how the author has (or has not) succeeded in defending his or her argument, you must be able to identify what his or her argument is. It is of no use to offer a response to someone’s argument, unless you have an accurate understanding of what the argument is.
The fundamental purpose of a summary is to restate the thesis or main idea of an essay (or in this case a documentary film). For this assignment, you will write a summary of the documentary film LA92 (2017). In this summary, you will identify the main point(s) the film makes as well as identify the evidence used in support.
Please Keep in Mind:
- Your task in a summary is to restate and describe the film’s argument, not to evaluate it or to respond to it (both of which can come later)
- Likewise, you are concerned with what the film says, not with how it is said (the latter of which you will do in the rhetorical analysis)