This is a paper that discusses the stages of nursing process and their application to nursing care. Additionally, comparing critical thinking to the nursing process.
Stages of nursing process and their application to nursing care
Firstly, the objective of this assignment id to identify the stages of the nursing process and their application to nursing care. Compare and contrast critical thinking and the nursing process. Demonstrate an appreciation of the history and contemporary issues in nursing and their impact on current nursing practice.
However, ensure that you demonstrate appropriate use of APA format. This includes writing in third person English only: do not use I, My, Me, We, myself, us, you, yourself, etc. Directions You must use at least three scholarly sources and you may use your textbook as one scholarly source. The paper should be no more than five pages (This does not include title page, or reference page). Make sure you review the evaluation rubric before you begin.
Secondly, describe the history and evolution of the nursing process (this must include a review of literature).
Describe each stage of the nursing process. Provide an example of each stage of the nursing process. Assessment Diagnosis Planning Implementation Evaluation NANDA Include the role and purpose of the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) Identify the strengths of this classification system Identify the limitations of this classification system
Nursing Process and Critical Thinking:
Thirdly, compare and contrast the nursing process and critical thinking. Health Issue: Select one of the health-related issues listed below. Then, describe the issue and use the nursing process to solve the health issues.
Your neighbor tells you he is not sleeping well Your friend is not getting enough exercise. Your aunt is grieving the loss of her husband. You recognize there are too many McDonald’s in your neighborhood. You read on Twitter: “there are millions of people without water in the world (Links to an external site.)”
- Assess: Subjective and objective data gathering – You will need to make your own data up for the health issue you select.
- Diagnose: Identify a priority nursing diagnosis for this health issue. Please use NANDA and PES format (Problem, Etiology (related factors)) and Signs/Symptoms (defining characteristics).
- Plan: Identify desired outcomes and express in short and long-term goals.
- Implement: Identify independent, interdependent (collaborative) and dependent nursing interventions to address the nursing diagnosis and established goals.
- Evaluate: Identify the effectiveness of the process by evaluating goal accomplishment.
Lastly, summarize your paper in 1-2 paragraphs. Any papers that have not been received by the due date as outlined will receive a five-point deduction for each late day. Also, any incidence of plagiarism will result in a score of zero for the assignment and will be reported to the University Honor Council and Nursing Professional Development Committee.