Help me study for my Social Science class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND ATTACHED ARE THE RESOURCES
In this module we have taken a look at some considerations for engaging and meeting with clients for the first time. We learned the importance of trauma-informed care and practice as a framework and we put ourselves in the shoes of the client who is coming to see us for the first time. Take a look at the questions below and follow the instructions to post and respond within your small groups.
Reflect and Post
- Think about a specific area of social work, population, or issue that you are interested in working with. What aspects of trauma-informed care would be important to consider and why? You should refer to the tutorial or handouts in your response.
- Using the GSU Library website, find one academic journal article that focuses on trauma and/or trauma-informed care in the same topic area as you chose for question 1 (above). Provide a short summary of the article, focusing on the points you find most important.
- Self-reflect on what you think you should be aware of or practice when engaging with a client for the first time. Describe two examples and explain why you chose them. (These could be things you feel you need to work on)
M4.6 Knowledge Application – Engaging with Clients
Note: You must make your post before you can see your group members’ posts.
Due by: 10/03/20 11:59 pm EST
After you post respond substantively to at least 2 of your classmates.
- What stands out to you about your classmate’s post?
- What comes up for you (emotionally, logically, irrationally) when you read their post?