I need support with this Health & Medical question so I can learn better.
Please respond to these questions with 200-250 words each response.
- “Recreational therapy, also known as therapeutic recreation, is a systematic process that utilizes recreation and other activity-based interventions to address the assessed needs of individuals with illnesses and/or disabling conditions, as a means to psychological and physical health, recovery and well-being.” Based upon ATRA’s definition of recreational therapy, describe and comment on areas you support, as well as the areas you would change and why.
- Describe your philosophy that supports your belief and rationale for recreational therapy as a therapeutic discipline overall as well as within your intended setting/population.
- Discuss how your work or volunteer experience has contributed to your professional goals in the field of recreational therapy.
- Describe a time when you were a leader and it did/did not go as planned. How did that experience help you grow as a leader and contribute to your professional development?
- Discuss how you feel this scholarship (Peg Connolly Scholarship) & conference attendance can help you develop personally and professionally.