I’m working on a Business question and need guidance to help me study.
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Suppose Procter & Gamble (P&G) learns that a relatively new startup company Method (email@example.com) is gaining market share with a new laundry detergent in West Coast markets. In response, P&G lowers the price of its Tide detergent from $18 to $9 for a 150-oz. bottle only in markets where Method’s product is for sale. The goal of this “loss leader” price drop is to encourage Method to leave the laundry detergent market. Is this an ethical business practice? Why or why not?
Respond to the post of at least two peers, using 100 words minimum each.
[Your initial post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your initial post should be at least 450+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your post must be substantive and demonstrate insight gained from the course material. A peer response such as “I agree with her,” or “I liked what he said about that” is not considered substantive and will not be counted for course credit. A blank post just to review other submissions will not be tolerated]
Chapter 6. Business Strategy: Differentiation, Cost Leadership, and Blue Oceans
- Define business-level strategy and describe how it determines a firm’s strategic position.
- Examine the relationship between value drivers and differentiation strategy.
- Examine the relationship between cost drivers and cost-leadership strategy.
- Assess the benefits and risks of differentiation and cost-leadership strategies vis-vis the five forces that shape competition.
- Evaluate value and cost drivers that may allow a firm to pursue a blue ocean strategy.
- Assess the risks of a blue ocean strategy and explain why it is difficult to succeed at value innovation
COURSE: Strategic Thinking, Decision Making, and Innovation
Required Text(s): Rothaermel, F. (2016). Strategic Management. 5th McGraw Hill. ISBN13: 9781260261288