I’m stuck on a Communications question and need an explanation.
Before submitting this reading reflection please review the following requirements in this module:
- Lesson: Identity Construction
- Read: Chapter 8.1 (Links to an external site.)
- Read: Chapter 8.2 (Links to an external site.)
- Read: Chapter 16.3 (Links to an external site.)
Please answer the following questions:
- How do you think society “labels” you? What labels does society place on you? How do these labels make you feel? Do you agree with these societal labels-why or why not?
- Tell me about a time a particular other gave you a positive reflected appraisal. Does this reflected appraisal still hold true today? Why or why not? Please explain.
- Tell me about a time a particular other gave you a negative reflected appraisal. Do you feel you internalized this and believe it to be true now? Why or why not? Please explain.
- Tell me about a time you socially compared yourself to others. What was the specific context? Ultimately, how did it make you feel?
- Can you think of a time when you wanted to present yourself a certain way to people around you? What channel(face to face, text message, social media etc) did you use for this presentation of self? Do you think you were successful in achieving your goal? Why or why not, please be specific.