I need help with a Writing question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Please read chapter 5 from the book Communicating in groups and answer the following questions :
- Explain how communication creates and maintains a group through the process of structuration.
- Describe the two major tasks groups must manage and how these can create an equilibrium problem for a group.
- Define primary, secondary, and tertiary tension, and give examples of each. How do these tensions affect group work? How have you experienced and managed these tensions in your current group?
- Describe Tuckman’s Model of Group Formation.
- Describe the difference between formal and informal roles, and describe how informal roles emerge during group interaction.
- Describe the three main categories of informal roles. What sort of roles do you play?
- Describe the difference between rules and norms. How are norms established?
- Explain what you would say or do if you wanted to change a group norm.
- Describe the three components that contribute to a group’s climate
Chapter 5 is attached.