INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Provide background information/history of community (Integrate a source citation). How is this group of people a community?
Provide background information/history of community
1. INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Provide background information/history of community (Integrate a source citation). How is this group of people a community? (Define and also integrate at least one course reading).
2. MEMBERSHIP ROLE: Why did you choose this community? Further, are you an insider or outsider? Describe.
3. COMMUNITY INTERVIEWS & OBSERVATIONS: In light of COVID-19 & social distancing guidelines, use social media, phone, face-time, etc. Moreover, identify at least two course-related topics connecting the community chosen with course material.
4. CULTURAL HUMILITY IN PRACTICE: Through this assignment and given multiple pandemics we are dealing with, how have you practiced and also experienced the principles of cultural humility? Additionally, How is cultural humility important to community organizing and public health? Also, you could write about developing partnerships or institutional accountability or critical self-reflection. Be specific, don’t just say: “It is important to be self-aware and practice life-long learning.” Say WHY. Reference two course readings.
5. CONCLUSION & FUTURE DIRECTIONS: What did you learn about yourself through this assignment? What did you learn about community health? Recommend three strategies this community can implement for health promotion & disease prevention at the individual, interpersonal/ community, organizational and also societal levels.)