I’m trying to learn for my Writing class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
A philosophy of education is a statement regarding your beliefs and values about education. This statement is often required as part of the application process in gaining employment as a teacher.
Create a 750-1,000 word draft of your educational philosophy. Your philosophy should be grounded in educational theory. Revise your educational philosophy throughout your program of study to make it more concise.
In this draft, include statements regarding your beliefs and values in each of the following areas:
- The purpose of education.
- Your personal vision of meeting the learning needs of diverse students using standards-based instruction.
- The perceived role of the teacher as a leader and advocate according to the Model Code of Ethics for Educators (MCEE).
- Examination of cultural, ethnic, gender, and learning differences to promote ethical practice, build stronger relationships, and create more relevant learning experiences by accessing resources and reflecting on personal biases.
- Your role as a teacher in upholding the expectations of the profession including codes of ethics, professional standards of practice, and relevant law and policy.
Include three scholarly references to support your philosophy of education.
Refer to the template used for the Topic 2 Educational Reform assignment or a blank one placed in course materials.
When writing in APA style, it is important that your analysis is written in third person. Writing in third person helps with clarity and conciseness throughout your paper. However, some instances writing in first person is acceptable and should be used sparingly.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies [and professional standards]:
MA in Secondary Education
Reflect on their personal biases and access resources to deepen their own understanding of cultural, ethnic, gender, and learning differences to promote ethical practice, build stronger relationships and create more relevant learning experiences. [InTASC 9(e), 9(g), 9(i), 9(m); MC3, MC5]
Uphold the expectations of the profession including codes of ethics, professional standards of practice, and relevant law and policy. [InTASC 9(f), 9(j), 9(o), 10(s); ISTE-T 4a, 4c; MC2]