I don’t understand this Psychology question and need help to study.
Essay answers must be more than 3 or 4 brief sentences, but kept within the bounds of an essay exam (4 – 6 paragraphs). All your writing must be in your own words. Paraphrase (restate what you read) rather than copying material from the course textbook or the Internet. No copying is permitted in this course and doing so will result in zero points on the exam. Answers must be written in narrative, paragraph form. Lists and/or sentence fragments also will not receive points.
1. Explain how a personality develops through shaping and conditioning.
2. Imagine that TWO of the theorists below were invited to speak at a symposium on personality theory development and are both on the stage. Someone in the audience raises her hand and asks, “So what do you think was your theory’s greatest contribution to our current understanding of human personality?” What would each of the theorists you chose say in answer to the question? Choose from among Freud, Jung, Adler, Rogers, and Horney.
3. What did you learn about your own personality from this course. What “spoke” to you…what did you learn about you? This question will be graded as rigorously as the other four on the exam, so be sure to support your answer with reference to the course materials!
4. Consider the implications of psychic determinism and what it means in terms of personality development and manifestation of personality in adulthood. Do you believe that everything you think and do is predetermined by earlier experiences? And what would that mean
for your ability to change and grow?
5. Describe Allport’s definition of a mature, adult personality. Allport described the persona as something vital and internal, yet external and false. How can this be?