I need support with this User Interface / IA question so I can learn better.
Continuing with the assignment you started in Week 1, in this assignment, you will study how the design requirements for an application are captured. In Week 1, you created a storyboard. This week, you will analyze the design requirements and create a wireframe for your application.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research how the design requirements for a project may be specified.
Click here to view a video that will introduce you to Google Sites. You need to create something along the lines of rapid prototyping with Google Sites and Drives.
Based on your research and readings and viewings in the week, add a minimum of three pages to the Microsoft Word document from W1 Assignment 3 to include the answers to the following questions:
- Are decision trees, navigation maps, and storyboards enough for your design to represent the hierarchy of information or do you require an additional tool for the same? Give reasons in support of your answer.
- Is it important to map the physical interaction of users with the design requirements of the intended interface? Why can’t we perform both of these activities in isolation? Give reasons for your answer.
Additionally, continuing with the assignment you started in Week 1 Assignment 3, complete the following tasks:
- For the proposed application in Week 1 Assignment 3, develop a wireframe of your design. This can be developed in any tool you are comfortable with or with Google Drive Drawing, but the emphasis of evaluation will be on the quality and depth of the design decisions you make. Identify your users and imagine how they might work. The wireframe must be submitted to the Submissions Area.
- Depending on the tool you use, the extension for your wireframe file will vary.
- Submit your document and wireframe to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.