Help me study for my Writing class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
M6 A2: PATIENT EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL
Review the pamphlet that is available in the Instructional Materials folder for Module 6. Use the pamphlet in this module and any other health education materials from the clinical setting, in the community, or online as resources. Follow the instructions below.
- Create a patient education pamphlet, poster, or fact sheet that addresses an educational need of laypeople in your chosen country and addresses the chosen health issue.
- Audience characteristics for your educational materials include:
- Adults in the country you selected in Module 1
- English is the second language of these adults
- The adults are laypeople
- You will address the health issue selected in Module 1.
You are to address the following:
- Make sure the purpose of the pamphlet/poster/factsheet is clear.
- Use visuals when appropriate and make sure the visuals are appropriate for the purpose of the pamphlet.
- Use language appropriate for the identified audience (6th to 8th grade reading level). Avoid slang or jargon; avoid complex medical terms.
- Consider avoiding inclusion of items that might frighten or upset the reader, but be informative.
- Make sure that the pamphlet/poster is only one (1) page. Documents that are more than one (1) page will receive a zero (0). We want to provide concise information to our patients/community.
** I also attached a copy of my final paper that was submitted regarding HIV in Thailand**