I don’t understand this Writing question and need help to study.
For discussion board post, write in response to ONE of these two prompts:
1) As Rahman points out, Western non-Muslim scholars have historically (and prejudicially) characterized the God of Islam as distant, cold, and tyrannical. Using Rahman’s chapter on God, briefly discuss why this understanding is so out of keeping with how God is presented in the Qur’an.
2) In his chapter, “Satan and Evil,” Rahman speaks of both subjective (i.e. internal to individuals) and objective (i.e. external to individuals) evil. Briefly summarize the forms these types of evil take, and discuss how they work in tandem to corrupt humankind.
- Make your thoughts coherent and your writing clear.
- You must respond to the question in 150-300 words.
- must rely on the text(s) and cite it/them at least once in your response.