This is a paper that focuses on the implementation of HIS that meets current HITECH and HIPAA security. The paper also provides further questions to focus while answering the assignment paper.
Implementation of HIS that meets current HITECH and HIPAA security
You are an informatics nurse specialist working in a healthcare organization that is merging with another organization of comparable size. As a result of the merger, funds have been designated to offer services in a
satellite facility. You are responsible to lead the project committee in implementing a health information system (HIS) that meets current HITECH and HIPAA Security and Privacy regulatory requirements.
TASK OVERVIEW SUBMISSIONS EVALUATION REPORT
WGU Performance Assessment
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from
sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
Professional Communications is a required aspect to pass this task. Completion of a spell check and grammar check prior to submitting your ﬁnal work is strongly recommended.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Firstly, discuss and analyze health information systems by doing the following:
1. Summarize advantages and disadvantages of a system, including the following:
2. Describe how a system will affect patient care and documentation.
3. Explain how using a system to access information will affect the quality and also delivery of nursing care and patient outcomes.
B. Secondly, discuss how a system will beneﬁt the organization by addressing the following:
1. Provide two ways that quality improvement (QI) data collected from a system can lead to measurable improvement in health care services and the health status of targeted patient groups.
2. Explain how a system will meet HITECH and HIPAA security standards and regulations, including the following:
• data storage integrity
• data backup and recovery
3. Explain how a system will protect patient privacy.
4. Describe how adopting a system will improve organizational efﬁciency and also productivity by addressing the following factors to the organization, including the following:
human and capital resource
C. Thirdly, describe four essential stakeholder roles needed to form an interdisciplinary team to work on a system implementation, including the following:
each team member’s title in the organization
each team member’s role in the implementation of the health information system
also each team member’s expertise and how it contributes to the success of the project
D. Fourthly, discuss your plan for evaluating the success of the implementation of a system by incorporating two professional organization standards.