Patient is a 52-year-old male who has a past medical history of hypertension. Patient is being seen in the clinic today stating that his blood pressures have been high at home ranging between 160/90 to 180/100. Vital signs at the clinic today include BP of 182/94, Pulse of 68, Respirations of 18, Temperature of 98.2 and BMI of 34. Patient is currently taking Lisinopril 40mg daily and Aspirin 81mg daily. The patient states that he has a family history of myocardial infarction (MI). Patient states his father passed away from an MI when he was 72 years old and his brother suffered from an MI at 45 years old. The patient states he is concerned that he is at risk for MI and wants to start a weight loss regimen to include diet and exercise.
- What are the present American Heart Association (AHA) recommendations for the management of this patient?
- Discuss the Framingham Global Risk Model and the recommendations for patients using this model?
- What medications are recommended for primary or secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD) and treatment of the uncontrolled hypertension?
- What are the possible side effects of the medications prescribed?
- What education would you provide to the patient regarding both the Hypertension and the treatment plan?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post hypertension appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.