I need an explanation for this Business question to help me study.
Read the Case “Political Action by the U.S. Steel Industry, 2015-2018” at the end of Chapter 8 and response to the following:
- Did the steel industry act appropriately as a participant in the political environment when it sought economic protection from foreign steel imports?
- What political strategies, as shown in Figure 8.2, did the steel industry use to gain tariff protections?
- What other political strategies could the steel industry have used to promote their interests and how?
- What levels of corporate political involvement, as shown in Figure 8.5, are evident in the case?
- Should Chinese and other country’s steel producers be permitted to engage as a political participant in the U.S. political environment to protect their economic interests?
The textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Post should be in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced).