I’m studying for my Biology class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
- Conduct background research on global warming from reliable Internet sources such as NASA, USGS, IPCC, and major universities with current research on the topic such as U.C. Berkley, Yale, Stanford, etc.
Note: The most acceptable websites to use for Internet sources end in “.gov” or “.edu.” Websites ending in “.com” or “.org” should be avoided since recognizing biased information may be difficult. Political, blogs, and news websites often have information that is biased and not based solely on scientific support. For this reason, these sites should also be avoided in investigating scientific topics.
- Write a short synopsis, Use full sentences and proper grammar and spelling. Write the synopsis in your own words – DO NOT copy text directly from websites. The synopsis should be 1 to 2 pages in length, unless otherwise indicated by your instructor. Include a paragraph for each of the following:
- Define greenhouse gas, global warming, and climate change.
- Explain the difference between global warming and climate change.
- Describe the relationship between greenhouse gases and global warming (i.e. normal versus excess amounts of greenhouse gases).
- List 3-4 types of evidence that support human influenced climate change.
- Describe 2-3 negative ecological and/or economical outcomes of global warming.