I’m studying and need help with a Statistics question to help me learn.
Concepts Assignment Segment – Probability Foundations
1. Describe what an event is in probability. Then describe both simple and compound events.
2. Describe the types of data set relationships – complement, union, intersection, mutually exclusive or disjoint
3. Describe the general product rule
4. What does Bayes theorem do/show? What is the big-picture value of this method?
5. There are three types of probability: marginal, joint, and conditional, describe each and try to think of a reason why each would be important.
6. Describe the following 3 counting techniques: the basic counting principle, permutations, and combinations. See how many you can think of having a value in engineering field.
In addition, you will provide examples of how engineering field would apply each of these elements of probability to problems your field might address.