This is a paper that is focusing on you to examine the epistemology and cosmology of Indigenous knowledge. The paper also provides additional questions to use in writing the assignment paper well.
Examine the epistemology and cosmology of Indigenous knowledge
Examine the epistemology and cosmology of Indigenous knowledge systems How can Indigenous knowledge systems be institutionalised for appropriate technology development?
Please note: The maximum word limit for the term paper is 2000 words**
Firstly, define what IKS is.
Secondly, what is cosmology? What is epistemology? Is IKS Personal and holistic? Does it embrace the principle of holism? Does it focus on the development of a human being as a whole person? Is cognitive knowledge valued? What about self – awareness, emotional growth, social growth, and spiritual development? Are they valued? Also, how do they differ from western epistemology?
Is it experiential?
Does it involve place based learning?
Is it intergenerational?
What is its learning spirit?
Thirdly, what is the cosmology of IKS? How does this worldview differ from Western world views?
• Can IKS contribute to appropriate technology that can assist local people?
• What are some of the technologies that have been underpinned by IKS? Cite examples from various fields.
• What can government, researchers and other stakeholders do to mainstream IKS in solving development challenges especially in third world countries? In agriculture, health, climate change etc.?
• Lastly, how can IKS be popularized and made acceptable by all? Also, the formatting of any typed assignment must be: Arial, 12 font size, 1½ line spacing, the alignment justified and UK spelling.
· Please use the Harvard referencing style for assignments
Remember, ensure that the paper pages are exclusive of the cover and the reference pages. Also, ensure that you include all the references you use in finding research for this assignment paper. References should be at least three for the paper. All references, citation, and writing should follow the Harvard formatting and styling guidelines. Finally, ensure you focus on the assignment topic in detail.