Create your own e-commerce business in Saudi Arabia (website or mobile application), you need to explain the process that you will follow in building your e-commerce presence.
Before you begin to build a website or app of your own, there are some important questions you will need to think about and answer. The answers to these questions will drive the development and implementation of your e-commerce presence.
Set up Your E-Commerce Presence
· What is the idea? (the visioning process)
· Introduce your e-commerce business.
· Provide an overview of your business idea
· Product and type of services.
· What are the different types of products? Explain
· What kinds of services are provided by your online store? [ customer service, exchange and return, delivery and payment options] Explain
· Business statement.
· Business vision.
· Business objective.
· Where’s the money:
· What is the company’s business model?
· Give a general idea of how your business will generate revenues
· Who and where is the target audience? Explain demographics, lifestyle, consumption patterns, etc.
· What is the ballpark? Characterize the marketplace. – Size, growth, demographics, structure.
· Where’s the content coming from?
· Know yourself— conduct a SWOT analysis for your business.
· Develop an e-commerce presence map.
· Develop a timeline: Milestones. – 6 phases.
· How much will this cost?
Building an E-Commerce Site: A Systematic Approach
· Planning: The Systems Development Life Cycle
· Systems analysis/planning
· Business objectives. What are the capabilities you want your site to have?
· System functionalities (Shopping cart, payment system …. etc.)
· Information requirements (Dynamic text and graphics catalog … etc.)
· Systems design