Please look over the textbook pages provided and use this material to help answer the prompts
This week’s learning materials is about public controversy, deliberating in good faith, ethos, and credibility. Also about preparing a reasonable argument. Answer the following prompts
– Think about a current event in which there is public controversy. Have you witnessed what would be defined as deliberation in good faith, ethos, and credibility? Without going into particulars about the public controversy, describe what the person did to deliberate in good faith, ethos and credibility. If you can’t think of an example of a person who has successfully deliberated a public controversy, describe what could be done to successfully deliberate in good faith, ethos, and credibility.
-With the current event in mind, describe what you believe would happen if people effectively deliberated in good faith, ethos, and credibility
-Explain different types of reasoning and which one would be most effective for approaching the current event you have in mind.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Help me study for my English class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Read “The Boston Photographs (Links to an external site.)” by Nora Ephron.
When you have finished the essay, ponder these two questions:
- In paragraph 9, Ephron quotes a newspaperman as saying that before printing Forman’s pictures of the woman and the child falling from the fire escape, editors should have asked themselves “what purpose they served and what their effect was likely to be on the reader.” If you were an editor, what would your answer be? By the way, the pictures were not taken in a poor neighborhood, and they did not expose slum conditions.
- Ephron thinks it would be good for newspapers to publish more photographs of death and dying (pars. 11-13). State and evaluate her reasons.
After you have “thought” about the questions, post a response to either question(choose 1).
In your post please include the following:
- The number of the question you chose.
- Begin your post with your answer to the question (state an assertion) by incorporating the topic of the question into your sentence.
- After your thesis/assertion is stated, offer evidence/reasons for your claim.
- Feel free to use material from Ephron or your personal views.
- If you use any material from Ephron, you must cite it with an in text citation; failure to do so will result in your post portion of the score becoming a 0.
***The post must be at least 250 words.