This is a paper that is focusing on the student to discuss the American Civil Rights movement impact on blacks. The paper also provides additional information to use in the writing of the assignment paper. Below is the assessment description to follow:
Discuss the American Civil Rights movement impact on blacks
The American Civil Rights Movement impacted the lives of blacks in both the North and South. James Baldwin argued in his book The Fire Next Time that second class citizenship for black Americans is a stain on the United States of America’s image as a Christian nation which stands for all that is morally right in the free world. Using this statement as a basis or point of view from which to write an essay, discuss the racial contradictions Baldwin cites in his book and what segments of American society help facilitate the production of these inequalities.
Also, discuss how this process effected his childhood and teenage years. Second, what leaders did he meet with, what are the topics of their discussions, and what were Baldwin’s impressions after? How were people of African descent beginning to experience freedom? Also, how did they go about obtaining their rights during the 1960s?. Last, in your estimation, what is the status of race relations in the United States and has there been real racial reconciliation among ethnic groups? Would you argue there is harmony and peace in our global community as it relates to racial and ethnic relations (How does this look now considering the current protest against police violence)?
Your Essay Should:
– Be a minimum of 3 pages (students aiming for a more detailed essay and higher grade will have much more).
– All questions posed through the prompt should be adequately addressed using information from the text.
– Please indicate page number using parenthetical citations for direct quotes. ex. (Baldwin, 8)
– Make sure that your answer is thoughtful, insightful and thorough.
– Make sure that you use your own original thoughts and do not cut and paste.
– Also, make sure that you use as many examples (info) used in the book and two articles.
– Lastly, add a works cited page with the full citation of the book. (use Chicago Manual of Style- search online for format)
*** Your paper will be evaluated based on the criteria above.***