This is a paper that is requiring the student to develop an organizational strategic plan and evaluation process. The paper also provides additional information to use in the writing of the assignment paper. Below is the assessment description to follow:
Develop an organizational strategic plan and evaluation process
B. Analyze the HCAHPS scores of your chosen hospital by doing the following:
1. Firstly, compare the scores to state and national averages.
2. Secondly, compare the scores to two other hospitals in the region.
3. Thirdly, compare the survey response rates to two other hospitals in the region.
4. Fourthly, describe the hospital’s demographic patient population and services provided.
5. Lastly, discuss how the following environmental and community factors could potentially influence HCAHPS scores:
a. cultural dynamics
b. educational dynamics
c. socioeconomic dynamics
6. Explain potential short- and long-term financial impact on the organization.
a. Discuss potential impact on quality outcomes.
C. Discuss the potential cause of the chosen hospital’s HCAHPS scores.
D. Develop an organizational strategic plan to improve the chosen hospital’s HCAHPS scores throughout the organization by doing the following:
1. Firstly, explain how organizational change can help improve the chosen hospital’s HCAHPS scores.
2. Secondly, discuss the structure (i.e., framework), process (i.e., actions), and outcomes of the strategic plan.
3. Thirdly, discuss how you would incorporate evidence-based practice and shared governance to improve organizational quality.
4. Fourthly, explain methods you would use to incorporate concepts of shared accountability among patients, medical providers, payers (e.g., insurance providers, Medicare, Medicaid), and personnel.
5. Also, explain methods you would use to incorporate technology trends within healthcare.
6. Explain methods you would use to improve the care delivery system, including the topics of quality, cost, access, and patient-centered care.
7. Lastly, explain methods you would use to improve financial stability.
E. Develop an implementation plan and timeline for the strategic plan you developed in part D by doing the following:
1. Firstly, discuss key roles and responsibilities of stakeholders.
2. Secondly, discuss how you would ensure stakeholder accountability and involvement.
3. Thirdly, discuss any training staff would need in order to implement the plan.
4. Fourthly, outline a timeline for implementation of your plan, including periodic review checkpoints to measure progress.
F. Discuss the process you would use to evaluate the success of the strategic plan, including the following:
method of measurement that would be used
evaluation of the timeline
method of analysis
1. Discuss how you would involve key stakeholders in the evaluation process.
2. Explain how the evaluation results will be communicated internally and externally.
G. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.