This is a paper that is focusing on you to describe which curriculum areas are taught by the case study teachers. The paper also provides additional information to use in the writing of the assignment paper. Below is the assessment description to follow:
Describe which curriculum areas are taught by the case study teachers
By listening to primary school teachers talk about how they teach Humanities and reflecting on what’s happening in classrooms across Australia.
This case study report requires you to examine how a group of primary school teachers have put the theories and models related to the teaching of Humanities into practice. You will produce a case study report.
Explore the case studies
Read the case studies and make notes on each teacher’s approach to Humanities. There are three case studies.
Use the Australian Curriculum Website For Humanities and work through the assignment.
Part A: Case study report (2000 words)
The case study report should address the following points and give examples from the case studies:
1. Firstly, describe which curriculum areas are taught by the case study teachers.
2. Secondly, describe how the student cohorts affect how the teachers plan for and teach Humanities.
3. Thirdly, why are the Humanities important in contemporary schooling? Use an example to illustrate your response.
4. Fourthly, critique a single-subject approach to teaching the Humanities providing examples from the case studies to support your arguments.
5. Additionally, critique a cross-disciplinary approach to teaching the Humanities providing examples from the case studies to support your arguments.
6. What do the case studies tell you about the broader societal context in which the Humanities are taught?
7. Lastly, remaining questions—pose four questions that continue to puzzle you or that you could follow up or further research upon completion of this unit.