This is an assignment that focuses on the criminal justice system comparison from a expert practitioner. Additionally, the paper focuses a criminal court visit or a court session.
Criminal justice system comparison from a expert practitioner
Your task is to interview an individual of your choice involved in the criminal justice system: a police officer, attorney, judge, probation officer, researcher, current or former inmate, etc. (Note: Military personnel have the option of interviewing an equivalent person in the military.) However, should your “expert” not be listed here, contact your instructor.
1) Firstly, provide the purpose of the paper and background information on the selected person.
2) Secondly, record the person’s views on the criminal justice system—whether the criminal justice system works, in what ways it doesn’t work, and the future of the criminal justice system.
3) Third, write the paper in a narrative format, detailing what you learned as the result of speaking with this person. Do not submit a “question-answer” paper.
4) Fourthly, compare and contrast what your expert practitioner had to say with relevant instructional material from this course. Additionally, include one outside source that either supports or challenges what your expert practitioner said.
5) Lastly, when using the instructional material or other sources, properly document and reference them, and cite all web sources.
You must also include the name your practitioner. Criminal Court Visit Your task is to visit a criminal court session. (Note: Military personnel have the option of visiting the military equivalent.). However, depending on when you attend, you could see a series of cases or only one case. Write also your reflections on what you observed and how the proceedings seemed to affect the administration of justice.
1) Begin with a cover page with your name, project title, course, and date submitted.
2) Then, write an introductory section explaining the purpose of the paper.
3) Write your reflections on what you observed and how the proceedings seemed to affect the administration of justice.
4) Compare and contrast what you observed with relevant material. Additionally, include one outside source that either supports or challenges what you observed.
5) When using the text or other sources, properly document and reference them. The name of the court you visited must be included. Police Ride-Along. This is an observational assignment that focuses on the use of discretion by the police officers who patrol our communities. (Note: Military personnel may participate in a ride-along with a military police officer.)