Can you help me understand this Writing question?
- Cite the legal case pursuant to APA citation guidelines for court decisions and cases (Purdue’s OWL has direction), and make sure to submit it to Discussion II.b.;
- What was the principle issue in the legal dispute? This should surround the legal issue at the heart of the lawsuit, and may include the essential facts of the matter;
- What was the rule or set of rules that the court analyzed to frame the legal dispute? Maybe they are federal laws or regulations, or it could be at the state level, or a combination;
- How did the court apply the rules to the set of facts posed by each side? Here, we want your summary of the logic, the critical thinking, and the rationale that the court built its conclusion upon; AND
- What did the court conclude? Who won, who lost, what’s left unanswered for the next phase of litigation if there is one to follow?