I’m working on a MySQL question and need guidance to help me study.
Install Oracle SQL Developer
Note: to install Oracle SQL Developer you also need to install JDK (Java Development kit) from Oracle.
- go to Oracle.com
- Click on Resources on the Oracle.com site in the tool bar
- search for SQL Express
- download Oracle SQL Express
- Once SQL Express Developer is downloaded, download JDK
NOTE: Oracle has changed how their software gets installed on peoples computers. If you try to extract the files and run them from your download subdirectory, the db_home (Oracle relies on) will be in your Download folder. You should create a folder under the “c” drive, move the downloaded zip files to that subdirectory and extract them there.
First install the Oracle SQL
Note: when installing the Oracle SQL, the application will ask you for the administrator password. I made the admin password something like “dbpass” something easy to remember. You need to know this to l link to a database in SQL.
Lastly, install JDK
when you open SQL Developer
- at the tool bar click on tools — preferences
- under preferences click on database — then click on worksheet
- half way down be sure to check “Get in checker board or zebra pattern”
- click ok
Now you need to link the database.
- on the sql screen, you have 2 groups of file folders to the left. In the top file folder “connections” click on the green plus sign. a window will open.
- Under Name – this will be the name of the assignment.
- In the middle of the window is Authentication Type – that remains default. Username should be SYSTEM and the password is what you created when installing SQL developer (mine was dbpass) Type whatever you made it above for Password.
- click Connect.
You are good to go.
tiny college relational diagram lab 1