Can you help me understand this Computer Science question?
Choose two travel websites that you think are distinct in terms of their visual organization and interaction style and compare them in terms of how their design does or doesn’t work well with human visual perception.
1. Survey the sites and use concrete examples to identify one point of similarity OR one point of difference on each of the following dimensions:
- Use of color to encode information
- Use of peripheral vision to convey information and guide attention
- Use of low-level features and pop-out effects
- Use of gestalt principles to structure information
2. Compare the two sites:
- Select a task that you can accomplish on both sites such as finding a hotel, choosing a flight, booking a reservation. Try to be specific when crafting your task and perform the exact same task on each site (i.e. same departure, destination, dates, criteria, etc.)
- Step through the task on both sites and analyze the user interfaces that you interact with in terms of how their design does or doesn’t work well with human visual perception.
- Revisit the list of dimensions above and choose two of the list above to address in greater detail based on your analysis of the task you chose.
Here are a few you can choose from but you are free to choose your own if you know of others.
WEEKLY ACTIVITIES GUIDELINES:
Complete a short assignment that allows you to apply the knowledge relevant to that week’s topic. Sometimes these are design activities, sometimes evaluations or comparisons. The assignments require you to apply the concepts you’ve learned to some real-world UX scenario.