I’m stuck on a Psychology question and need an explanation.
In this section of the methodology, you will describe how you will collect data, the instruments used to collect the data, and how the data once collected will be prepared for interpretation and analysis
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Apply theoretical and research findings from the discipline of psychology to professional and academic activities.
- Describe the methodology and expected findings of a proposed research study and determine whether it is a qualitative or a quantitative method in relation to the research question.
- Describe the purpose of a research study and connect the purpose to the research question.
- Describe a target population that represents a sample of the general population in a way that respects diversity (for example, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, gender, et cetera).
- Describe a recruitment strategy that balances natural diversity against the need for data simplification.
- Discuss the potential contribution of the proposed research study considering pertinent stakeholders and support argument of expected results with current literature.
- Describe the application of theoretical and research knowledge to the evaluation of a proposed research study outcomes.
- Describe the implementation of a research study and address various elements of the methodology such as description of the target population, recruitment strategies, ethical considerations, procedures for data collection and steps planned for data analysis.
- Summarize the expected results.
- Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and standards of psychology to academic and professional activities.
- Apply ethical principles and standards of psychology to the research proposal.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological profession.
- Adhere to APA style and formatting guidelines; writing is concise and well organized.
As the project develops, the research question and theory of method and theory of content should be highlighted in the chapter submissions.
In this section of the methodology, you will describe how you will collect data, the instruments used to collect the data, and how the data once collected will be prepared for interpretation and analysis. Refer to the APA manual, pages 29–32, for detailed instructions as to how to complete this section.
Use the appropriate template (qualitative or quantitative) to complete this assessment.
Submit CHAPTER 3. METHODOLOGY and CHAPTER 4. EXPECTED RESULTS for feedback and grading. As you draft your methodology, make sure that you articulate the guidelines of the profession that are applicable to the ethical conduct in research practice. You are required to use the entire template each time you submit your assessment, but only the sections identified in the assessment instructions will be graded for that submission. Anticipate multiple revisions of each chapter.
Format your assessment as follows, using the appropriate template:
- Font and spacing: Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced pages. Title Page.
- Style and format: Follow the current APA guidelines for style and format.
How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected the support and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace for African Americans?
Qualitative data will be used to analyze the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has bestowed on the support and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace for African Americans.
A qualitative research design will be the best methodology for addressing the research question. The case study will employ interviews with human resource personnel regarding a comparison of their company’s efforts to participate in the support and implement diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace before the COVID-19 pandemic and during the COVID-19 pandemic. Researchers will also examine company policies regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion and compare with the company’s actual efforts of support and implementation. Given this research design, some of the most relevant APA Code of Ethics would include protecting all the study participants’ rights and the welfare of all the study participants, privacy and confidentiality, integrity, professional behavior, and professional competence.
I have attached Chapters one and two so that you can use this as background information in order to answer this question. I have also attached a qualitative design template that will include further direction on how the question should be answered. If you need additional information, please let me know.