I’m working on a Writing exercise and need support.
I’m stuck on a Writing question and need an explanation.
Topic: What caused the economic recession of 2008?
You should think about, research, and then write about the causes of the topic. Through your analysis, you should seek to answer a why or how question. Your approach can vary based on how you choose to focus your paper. If you want to choose a different topic, speak with your instructor.
Your essay should be 5 paragraphs and include a cover page, an introductory paragraph, a clear thesis statement, body paragraphs, a concluding paragraph, and a reference page. It should be 750-1000 words, not counting the cover page or references.
- Introduction: In one (or at the most two) paragraph(s) introduce your topic. Give a brief summary of your essay in a few sentences. Remember to include a thesis statement which specifically sets out what you are proving to be true regarding the causes of the situation. It should be specific, logical, and clear.
- History/Background of Current Situation:Inform the reader about the facts necessary in knowing the angle of your topic. This may be included in your introduction or as the first body paragraph. Discuss the significant and relevant history of your topic up to the current situation and how it came to be.
- Evaluative Claim: (**this can be included in either the background paragraph OR the conclusion**) Once you have given a brief history/background of the current situation, briefly evaluate the situation as it is at present. Again, use research as appropriate to support your judgments. You are basically passing judgment on the situation, arguing evaluatively.
- Causal Argument:Demonstrate a link between the current situation and the causes for its condition. This will comprise the body of your paper. Use specific supporting detail/examples, and analyze all of your research thoroughly and with clarity. Remember that you should organize your paragraphs logically based on the causes’ significance, proximity, or relationship with one another. Possible models for organization:
- Examine 3 different causes
- Examine 3 aspects of a single cause
- Give thorough background, then examine 2 causes
- Give thorough background, then examine 2 aspects of a single cause
- Establish a causal chain
- Conclusion: Summarize the meaningful conclusions you have drawn clearly and precisely, remembering to summarize your thesis. Address your predictions or implications for future.
- References: Include a reference page in APA format. You must have at least 3 sources, at least 2 of which must be in English. If you use a source that was originally written in another language, you must provide a translated copy of the source with your assignment submission.
- 5 paragraphs, 750-1000 words not counting cover page or references
- Times New Roman, 12-point font
- Double spaced between lines, no extra space between paragraphs
- 5×11 (Letter) page size, 1 inch margins
- APA Style Reference list