I need an explanation for this Business question to help me study.
The problems for this week are 7.1 and 7.2. Both problems must be in Excel QM and submitted through Assignment.
7.1) Billy Idell is trying to determine how many units of two types of lawn mowers to produce each day. One of these is the Standard model, while the other is the Deluxe model. The profit per unit on the Standard model is $60, while the profit per unit on the Deluxe model is $40. The Standard model requires 20 minutes of assembly time, while the Deluxe model requires 35 minutes of assembly time. The Standard model requires 10 minutes of inspection time, while the Deluxe model requires 15 minutes of inspection time. The company must fill an order for 6 Deluxe models. There are 450 minutes of assembly time and 180 minutes of inspection time available each day. How many units of each product should be manufactured to maximize profits?
7.2) Chewy’s produces a low-calorie dog food for overweight dogs. This product is made from beef products and grain. Each pound of beef costs $0.90, and each pound of grain costs $0.60. A pound of the dog food must contain at least 9 units of Vitamin 1 and 10 units of Vitamin 2. A pound of beef contains 10 units of Vitamin 1 and 12 units of Vitamin 2. A pound of grain contains 6 units of Vitamin 1 and 9 units of Vitamin 2. Formulate this as an LP problem to minimize the cost of the dog food. How many pounds of beef and grain should be included in each pound of dog food? What is the cost and vitamin content of the final product?
See rubric for problems below:
Submission fully addresses questions listed in the problem. Answer is consistent and supported by Excel QM spreadsheets/results.
· Response fully answers all parts listed in the question. Answer is consistent and supported by Excel QM spreadsheets as a separate document. All calculations are shown.
· Response partially answers all parts listed in the question. Answer is consistent and supported by Excel QM spreadsheets as a separate document. Most calculations are shown.
Respponse partially answers few parts listed in the question. Answer is not consistent with supporting Excel QM spreadsheets. Most or all calculations not provided.
There must be a written response to each part of the question. This can be inside the corresponding Excel QM spreadsheet.
· Each part of each question is fully answered and explained. All Excel QM or additional calculations are shown if they required.
· Most questions are fully answered and explained. All Excel QM or additional calculations are shown if they required.
· Few question are answered and explained. Few to no Excel QM or additional calculations are shown if they required.
Academic Integrity and Syntax:
· Academic Integrity
· Spelling and grammar
· Work is original.
· Adheres to all spelling and grammar rules
· Work is original
· Few grammar and spelling errors
· All or portions of the work are not original
· Follows few or does not follow grammar and spelling rules
· Entire assignment successfully submitted through Turn-it-in on or before due date.
· Most of the assignment submitted, on or before due date.
· Part or entire assignment submitted within 3 days after the due date.