I’m studying for my Environmental Science class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Your answer to the question should be no longer than 400 words and your response should be no longer than 150 words (not including references). The idea here is to be concise with each thought being impact and clear.
A number of questions per discussion topic have been presented to you. You may answer any question and respond to any question you wish. You must begin your own thread and respond to one other thread. All discussions should be backed up with at least scholarly resources (the textbook is NOT a scholarly source but something from a University website would be). Depending on your question, you may want to collect two dichotomous views (i.e, one pro, one con), assess the strengths and weaknesses of each, make your own stance on it, and use this to facilitate discussion among your peers. Either way, your answers will not be marked for position, only connections and level of understanding. Understand that this is a public forum and you are to respect the opinions of others. Your ideas should be academic, not personal.
Please make sure that your responses/opinions are civil as well as backed up by at least one sources of evidence. Sources can include (but are not limited to), scholarly articles, historical texts, and/or news reports (do not use your course textbook nor class notes as these are not acceptable references). Referencing style should be APA. This is meant to be a professional discussion so please write professionally. You are to answer one of the following questions.
Please note the word count is the maximum but the number of references is a minimum.
Please answer one of the following questions as per the instructions in the forum description. You are also to respond to a colleague’s post (a single post may be responded to numerous times if it interests you).
1. Do Canadians really care about Climate Change? Not what you or even your cohort of friends and family feel, but Canadians in general? Are they willing to make real changes in their behaviors to help mitigate this issue?
2. How has Canada’s Geography (either physical or social) helped/hinder the battle with COVID-19?
3. How has Canada’s Physical Geography contributed to the shaping of the cultural identity?
4. How will Climate Change impact Canadians? Base your answer on a single impact such as agriculture or tourism (the impact may be positive or negative).
5. Given the effects of globalization on the economy of Canada and its regions, develop an argument for or against proposals to expand the capacity of the St Lawrence Seaway to accommodate larger ocean-going vessels (many of which cannot presently use the Seaway). What impacts would expanding or not expanding the system’s capacity have on the economies of Ontario and Québec?
6. Southern Ontario accounts for much of Canada’s agricultural output by value. At the same time, nearly 40 per cent of the country’s population is concentrated in a tiny area defined by the Great Lakes–St Lawrence Lowlands. What problems are encountered as a result of this coincidence of features? Should agricultural land be protected, and if so what measures would you recommend, especially given the demand from urban land uses and activities?