Help me study for my Art & Design class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
In the document where you embedded your image, use short essay format to explain your subject matter and process an 800-word summary. Include a thesis statement in your introduction. Employ the vocabulary specific to photography, and include an assessment of your work based on the principles of design and elements of art. As you evaluate your final results, be sure to answer the following questions:
- Photography was a burgeoning technology and was not seen as a form of art at the time. Painters in particular rebelled against photography as it captured a moment in a seemingly effortless way. What might have drawn artists to work in this medium? Why did they choose to pursue photography as an art when there were several more established and recognized art forms at the time? Select one of the pioneers of photography to focus on in responding to this question.
- Describe their work. What did their work seek to capture or evoke? How did they use light, shadow, value, focus, and other elements to convey emotion and theme?
- Many of these pioneers of photography had to work against critics who did not consider photography to be a legitimate art form. From your research did your pioneer experience criticism? Why do you think photography was set apart from other forms of art?
- Describe your own image. Did you “capture” the image you hoped for?
- How did the work of a specific pioneer influence your process?
- Concluding your essay, state your understanding of how the media influenced your decisions, and likewise how your decisions influence the photo as a composition or concept.
Create a “Works Cited” section that lists your 3+ scholarly sources in MLA Style format at the end of your paper. Be sure you have properly cited any direct quotes you use in support of your own writing.
(Screenshot of photographer of my choice as well as my recreation photo in file)