I’m trying to study for my Management course and I need some help to understand this question.
This group assignment is a team charter. The team charter establishes standards for individual behavior and group norms, which are important factors to succeed in a team-based endeavors, including project management and product development. The team charter is not for a particular project. It is concerned with all team efforts throughout this class.
Learning connection with the course outcomes
- Learn how to collaborate to deliver projects on time, on budget, and according to design specifications and customer requirements.
- Identifying the resources, skills and knowledge required to be an effective project team leader.
For this assignment, you will create a team charter. The team charter establishes standards for individual behavior and group norms, which are important factors to succeed in a team-based management environment. You may prepare your team charter in any format – narrative, bullet point, etc. Some of the areas you will want to address include the following.
1. Purpose of the team
2. Team background
3. Team composition
4. Contact information
5. Communication tools and techniques
6. Membership roles and responsibilities
7. Team roles rotation schedule
8. Ground rules
9. Decision making process
10. Conflict management approach
11. Team performance assessment
Submit one copy of your team charter to your instructor through the appropriate link. Keep a copy for yourself and send a copy to the entire group. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the assignment submission link.
Examples of responsibilities associated with group roles may be as follows:
Manager/Leader is responsible for:
• Clarifying assumptions and uncertainties.
• Acting as a liaison to the instructor when required.
• Making sure that individuals are advised of the team’s action plans and delegating requisite tasks as necessary.
• Setting deadlines for individual submission, group editing, and final submission to instructor.
Facilitator is responsible for:
• Checking in with any group members who have not contributed to the discussion as assigned.
• Logging with the instructor nonparticipating or nonresponsive group members.
Recorder is responsible for:
• Compiling individual submissions to create a cohesive document that is grammatically and technically correct. This must be done with sufficient lead time to provide an opportunity for group editing and comment.
Support is responsible for:
• Demonstrating significant contribution to team requirements of researching, writing, responding, editing, etc., as agreed upon by the team.