Application of health education and promotion
Paper # 2: Application of Health Education & Promotion 6 pages (not including cover page and references) – penalized if over 8 pages Due: 10/30/18 Points: 15
Purpose: This paper gives you an opportunity to apply a health education/promotion (HE/HP) theory or model of behavior change to the population and health problem.
The Theory/Model will be used to analyze and explain the population’s risk factors and their experiences with the health problem, as well as discuss what would be needed to create an effective intervention to decrease their risk factors and effects of the health problem.
Part I: Description of the selected health education/promotion theory/model used in your analysis
• Introduce and define the Theory/Model
• Provide an example of the Theory/Model in the real world from a peer-reviewed journal article and explain how the model was used in the article.
o The article does not need to address your specific health condition or population, but must have applied the Theory/Model you are using in your analysis.
Part II: Application of the health education/promotion theory/model and analysis of the population’s risk factors/behaviors associated with the health problem
• Use the selected Theory/Model to analyze your population/health condition, and support with data obtained in your research
• Use the selected Theory/Model to analyze one of the population’s risk factors, and support with data obtained in your research
Part III: Cultural competence and health education interventions
• Discuss if and how the population’s health beliefs may affect their health problem and the potential effectiveness of the selected theory/model
• Discuss the cultural competencies needed to ensure effectiveness of a health education or promotion intervention, including cultural courtesies, communication styles, etc.
Part IV: Summary/Conclusions:
Conclude with comments on your personal experiences and any insights you gained conducting this research.
Part V: Reference list including a minimum of 5 new valid sources related to your health education/promotion theory (bold the new sources in your reference list).
Part VI: Appendix: Include list of your Critical Inquiry Questions