I don’t understand this English question and need help to study.
- Give some specific examples of the way that time-discipline was demonstrated in “Modern times” – for example, how did the clock regulate Charlie Chaplin’s working hours?
- Did Charlie experience alienation?
- Were there any ways that the factory owner tried to extract “surplus value” from Charlie’s work?
1) What are the two things a man needs to win the fat man contest?
2) Explain what cows represent to Dinka men? What does it mean to say cows are wealth?
3) What did the other men say about the winner of the Fat Man Contest and why?