Need help with my English question – I’m studying for my class.
The purpose of a Comparison/Contrast Essay is to analyze the similarities and differences between two things. For this essay, you are analyzing the similarities and differences between two newspaper articles about the same topic but from different sources.
- Go to Grades and look for feedback on your Comparison/Contrast Essay Outline. For help viewing my comments on your outline, see this Canvas Help Guide (Links to an external site.) for students.
- Use the feedback to make revisions to your outline.
- Use your outline to write a 4-paragraph, MLA-formatted essay of about 450-600 words. (Academic paragraphs need to be 7-12 well-developed sentences in length.)
- Begin your essay with an introduction that introduces the newspaper articles. At the end of the introduction include a thesis sentence that introduces the points being compared/contrasted.
- Sample thesis: While both newspaper articles discuss President Obama’s State of the Union Address, there are differences in the bias and sources cited in each article.
- Write two body support paragraphs that each begin with atopic sentence (Links to an external site.) focused on a main point from the thesis.
- End the essay with a conclusion that summarizes your points and gives final thoughts.
- Include a MLA formatted Works Cited (Links to an external site.) at the end of the essay.
- Take time to proofread and revise (Links to an external site.) your essay.
- Submit your essay as a docx file.
Your essay will be graded using theYour essay is worth 70 points toward your course grade. The essay should be 4 paragraphs (7-12 sentences each) in length. The final draft should be complete with no mechanical and grammatical errors. It should also be formatted according to MLA rules.