This is a paper that is focusing on the Allegiate Airline capstone project research and analysis. The paper also provides additional sections to analyze in the assignment paper.
Allegiate Airline capstone project research and analysis
The Capstone project is on Allegiate Airline
Operations 3 pages
Identify number of stores or outlets or factories and regional locations and compare the same metrics to the direct competitors (American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines)
· Compute same store sales for each of the past 3 years (this metric factors out new store openings so increases in sales can be accurately assessed). Look at annual revenues/number of stores or outlets and compare these metrics to the direct competitors.
· Identify other metrics such as sales per square foot, sales per employee, sales per store/warehouse space to compare to industry average, annual sales as a multiple of average inventory)
· Utilize metrics to ID strengths and weaknesses in this VC function
Distribution (Outbound Logistics) 3 pages
· Insourced or outsourced – to whom? How? And where?
· Identify metrics to determine eﬃciency of this value creating function
· How many distribution centres are there? Owned or leased? How many square feet? Sales per distribution centre?
· MUST use metrics to ID strengths and weaknesses in this VC function
Marketing and Sales 3 pages
Firstly, analyze the 8 Ps for services (product, place, price, promotion, people, process, physical evidence and productivity).
Secondly, do cross-company comparisons in this section.
Thirdly, discuss the ﬁrm’s market share, revenues and sales trends and compare to rivals.
Fourthly, discuss the ﬁrm’s advertising strategies e.g. which media are used and why? A chart may be helpful so that you can assess all ﬁrms at once.
Also, compute marketing expense as a percentage of sales for each of the last 3 years and compare it to the industry marketing expense as a percentage of sales for the past 3 years and to each rival.
Additionally, discuss any ﬁnancial or market metrics that illuminate the marketing or sales trends growth or declines and why
MUST use metrics to ID strengths and weaknesses in this VC function