I’m working on a Business question and need guidance to help me study.
Please submit your Innovative Company Report topic idea.
Pointers for starting your Innovative Company Report:
- Select an innovative company in the *same industry* as the team innovation project(my team project is home service) that meets the following criteria. . .
- An innovative company that already exists (not a start-up idea) it could be anywhere in the world;
- Not a company from any of our class discussion boards or mentioned frequently in our class lectures (the “tech giants” Apple/ Amazon/ Google/ Alibaba/ Tencent/ Microsoft/ etc as well as the exceptionally well-known modern innovators such as Tesla or Uber are therefore ineligible);
- “Researchability” typically through online sources, although there could be situations where someone has professional experience and sources and that should be specified when you tell us your company topic;
- At least five high-quality/ credible/ distinct references available in English not including Wikipedia;
- It is not required that each person in the class have a separate company, but each person on the team should have a separate company, as the entire team will be selecting companies from within the same industry.
- Submit your individual paper company choices for us to check and review.
- Provide company name/ location/ additional details as specified below.
- In writing the full paper at a later date, you will be answering the questions provided in the Innovative Company Report assignment, which is a different turn-in line for the full paper. This present topic submission is only about the choice of company as a topic for the full (3-page) paper to be written later and turned in with a different assignment line.
- (1) Company Name—It is fine to provide more than one company name if you would like to have a backup, but it is only required to provide one company name (meeting the criteria) and please do not provide more than 3 company names and details. Each team member should have a different individual company.
- (2) Location—In what country was your company founded and/or in what country is it currently headquartered (Note: While a global company may have many offices, even a global company typically has only one headquarters location. e.g. Apple was founded in the US and is headquartered in Cupertino, CA, USA)
- (3) Industry—What industry would you identify your company as being in (e.g. Amazon is in the e-commerce or online retail or simply retail industry)? Your company must be in the same industry or within the same intersection of industries or sub-category of industry as the Team Innovation project.
- (4) Public/ Private/ Parent—Is your company publicly traded or privately held? Is it a subsidiary or a main company? If it is a subsidiary, what is the parent firm (e.g., Instagram is a subsidiary of Facebook, which is a publicly traded firm)
- (5) What year was your company founded?
- (6) Website URL—Provide the clickable URL link for your company website.
- (7) Context—Write a brief one-sentence explanation as to why you are selecting this company.
- (8) Research—Will you be researching the paper from at least 5 distinct (not Wikipedia)/ credible/ English/ high-quality online sources or do you also have any more direct connection to and sources of information about the company? If so, please specify briefly. (e.g. I worked for 5 years at Hermès in the marketing department. I have personal knowledge of some of their innovation initiatives from my work experience. This personal knowledge can also be confirmed by or supplemented from publicly available company sources -or- I have professional knowledge unique to my position. In either case, your reference list should also contain the minimum 5 distinct (not Wikipedia)/ credible/ high-quality English-language online sources.
Note: Ideally each student on an innovation team will have a different company topic but in the same industry (home service) as the team innovation. Please feel welcome to contact your facilitator or instructor with any questions.