I need an explanation for this Philosophy question to help me study.
In the book of Joel, one reads about the day of the Lord. We also read about this phrase in the book the Acts. Paul mentions the “day of the Lord” in the Thessalonian epistles. There seems to be much confusion about this “day of the Lord,” and it is important that we clarify its meaning.
- Read Introductions and the Global Message articles in the ESV Global Study Bible notes for the following books (How to Navigate the ESV Website ):
- Read the following passages in your ESV Bible :
- The entire book of Joel
- 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
- Answer the following questions in at least one paragraph each:
- What is the “Day of the Lord” according the Joel?
- Is the “Day of the Lord” good news or bad news? For whom? Explain.
- How does the passage in 1 Thessalonians help in understanding the “Day of the Lord”?
- What is your response as a believer to the events predicted as the “Day of the Lord”?
Use of APA format is not required.